LWMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like Warm Mana Pie Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTBHunter's Secret

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xmind
Guildies
Xmind

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret EmptyThu May 20, 2010 3:13 am

....what is it? I know I'm not the best hunter....and probably jump over that "huntard" boarder at times (more than I should at this guild's level "/w thanks for carrying me!"), but I thought I had a good handle on how to dps. My main question is how WTBHunter is able to out dps myself by 1 to 4k DPS depending on the fight?

Known Differences:
-Gear, although not much. Although he is gemmed to have full ArmPen all the time where as I am only gemmed for ArmPen when my trinket is active. Simulation says I should theoritically out DPS WTB, but obviously that is all ideal conditions and a controlled environment.
-Racial - I have no DPS boost racial, he has the troll racials (Berserking and +1% crit on Bow)
-Professions - he has the engineering haste "trinket" every minute, I have the AP enchant from LW
-Glyphs - I have kill shot, he has 1 sec CD reduction on Chimera

Shot Rotation:
-I always start out with a Serpent Sting, Chimera, Silencing Shot (as GCD is running), Aimed shot, then steady until Chimera/Aimed is back up and hitting Silencing shot after a Chimera or Aimed if it is up.

I pop Rapid Fire and Rediness + Call of the wild right after I MD the tank. As soon as the 1st rapid fire is done, I pop it again so I can fit as many rapid fires as possible per fight.

I try to use a haste pot when we aren't bloodlusting and I'm not using Rapid Fire and some of my trinkets proc.

The only things I can think of play style wise is that
1. I'm not a studder step runner (running only when auto shot is on CD...stopping briefly when up to fire, then continue moving)...and maybe I move too much?
2. I don't always use traps when I should i.e. not using them when I could or over using them?
3. Maybe not switching targets as fast
4. I may not be micromanaging my procs as well as I could
5. ????

I'm finally getting good FPS without that 500 ms visual lag I had with my old computer and I have around a 150-200 ms latency.

Any other ideas?

btw, Deyami was able to pull off some great dps with lesser gear too, so not really to single anyone out, but there must be a few things I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
Xmind
Guildies
Xmind

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:35 pm

K, Deyami set me straight.

1. +20 Agility >>> +20 hit gems when I have talents that are not used in 25 mans (mana regen)
2. My ArmPen trinket sucks ass. So gemming ArmPen for 55% when the other 45% proc only happens once a minute isn't very good. Need to spend time getting ahold of DC and gem all Agility.
3. WTB has great numbers on Rotface and Festergut due to his 100% ArmPen.
4. Need to macro in silencing shot so it gets used all the time. I haven't had it macroed for some time because I like the interrupt on demand for certain fights, but where it isn't needed I'll just have to swap macros.

And always a work in progress is to stop dieing and getting rezzed with out buffs really hurts the dps too! Wink

I'm sure there is more, but that's what I recall at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Claudio
Guildies

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:28 am

Yeah, basically, I keep 2 bars thanks to bartender. One is silence/KC every cd, the other is just KC for fights where interrupting may be important. With bartender you can use the scroll wheel while holding shift, and get to it.

My opening rotation is popping all AP cd's I have, mark, serp sting, chim, aimed, rapid fire, steady till chim is up, chim, aimed, READINESS (if 4p procs any time before readiness is popped refresh serp), chim, aimed, and RF should be just about done and you pop it again. Proceed boring rotation......

The other thing, is I set steady to my mousewheel button so I can SPAM the SHIT out of it. But something that I noticed, idk if it is because I spam the shit out of it, or you get worse server lag, but like, when it comes to steady shots fired, I cream you 2 sometimes.

Example: the downing of BQL this week:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fadr51cx6q50ny8r/details/168/?s=10676&e=10997
Your steady shots: 26 hit 60 crit= 86 (10 Quick Shot procs)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fadr51cx6q50ny8r/details/11/?s=10676&e=10997
WTB's steady shots: 29 hit 59 crit= 85 (15 Quick Shot procs)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fadr51cx6q50ny8r/details/13/?s=10676&e=10997
My steady shots: 23 hit 84 crit= 107 (12 Quick Shot procs)

That is 21 more, assuming an average of a global SS (cause when QS procs it's right around it if not under), thats 1.5*21=31.5s. That is a LOT of server lag that you 2 get that I don't get, if that is indeed the case. Otherwise, spam moar.

Secondly, I don't like gemming for arp for the facts stated, already being low on ranged dps, we need to do all we can to take down adds faster and harder so melee doesn't have to get cleaved/blown up on/stop tunnelvisioning boss for 2s to switch to an add. If you can plant your feet and not move, Arp is amazing. When you have to move, and clip your autoshots, as well as switching to adds and not getting a bleed proc/multiple ticks, it can hurt. I prefer the sure damage all the time, rather than the large damage on a few.

Example: Add switching/moving not allowing as many steadies to get off:
This weeks Lady Deathwhisper
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fadr51cx6q50ny8r/sum/damageDone/?s=639&e=821

My Effective DPS: 10.4k
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fadr51cx6q50ny8r/details/13/?s=639&e=821
My Avgs
SS Crit: 7
Chim Crit: 13.6
Serp Part of Chim Crit: 7.4
Aimed Crit: 11

WTB's E DPS: 9.6k
Avg's:
SS Crit: 7.4 (+0.4)
Chim Crit: 11.5 (-2.1)
Serp Part of Chim Crit: 6.3 (-0.9)
Aimed Crit: 12.6 (+1.6)

So, he beats the SHIT out of me on steadies crits, but with everything else, I beat him by around 0.8k. On a longer fight, where steady can be spammed, the SS crits, Aimed and Autos (w/ arp) will move to evening out and surpassing that of the other shots success.

Example: This Weeks Festergut:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fadr51cx6q50ny8r/sum/damageDone/?s=4347&e=4647

My Effective DPS: 10.9k
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fadr51cx6q50ny8r/details/13/?s=4347&e=4647
My Avgs
SS Crit: 7.2
Chim Crit: 14.6
Serp Part of Chim Crit: 7.6
Aimed Crit: 11.3

WTB's E DPS: 11.4k
Avg's:
SS Crit: 8 (+0.8 )
Chim Crit: 13.2 (-1.4)
Serp Part of Chim Crit: 7.4 (-0.2)
Aimed Crit: 12.6 (+1.3)

This is also not counting the fact his kill shots hit for 7k MORE he beats me by 0.5k here. But it is all the encounter, more moving, less steadies, AGI wins, less moving, more steadies, ARP wins.

Fights with more moving/add switching: Lady D, Princes (assuming you go after bombs and not blindly dps the current empowered/not move for shock vortex *clears throat*), Dreamwalker, Lich King.
Less moving: Festergut, Rotface, BQL, Sindragosa.
About equal on based on mechanics of dps:
-Marrowgar. Moving, but not dpsing while doing it that much because waiting for new spikes
-Saurfang. On normal, true, because adds die FAST, on H, arp will not be as useful.
-Prof P. Normal, adds die fast, H, not so much

Who cares catagory: Lootship

On Normal: Arp 7 Agi 4
On H: Arp 5 Agi 6 (However, the easier fights arp wins, harder fights agi wins. I gem for when the raid needs me the most, on hard fights.)

Also, Imo, glyphing for Chimera shot is useless based on what it does to your rotation and the 1 second off of it is useless when the gcd is 1.5 so that 1s is enough to do nothing unless you use glyph of aimed shot as well.
/end huge hunter post.
Edit: because 8 ) (without the space)= Cool
Back to top Go down
Jinroku
Guildies
Jinroku

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret EmptySat May 22, 2010 7:55 pm

tldr: pew pew pew
Back to top Go down
wtbhunter
Guildies

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:03 am

rotation:
Sting- aimed shot-chimshot- aimedshot spam
reason I glyph chim shot is to fix my rotation to make me have the least down time.
and thats my secret enjoy and good luck hunters XD
Why is bis so important.. too much work for a game lol i say my bis is the same as claudio's
Back to top Go down
Mimik
Guildies
Mimik

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:28 am

wtbhunter wrote:
Why is bis so important.. too much work for a game lol i say my bis is the same as claudio's

Until I see a BiS list from you, there will be no loot dropped in your inventory. Everyone else has been a team player. Now it is your turn.
Back to top Go down
wtbhunter
Guildies

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:26 am

ok papy alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WTBHunter's Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTBHunter's Secret   WTBHunter's Secret Empty

Back to top Go down

WTBHunter's Secret
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LWMP :: Class Discussion :: Hunters-
Jump to: