LWMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like Warm Mana Pie Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jätte - Shadowpriest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jätte
Guildies

Jätte - Shadowpriest Empty
PostSubject: Jätte - Shadowpriest   Jätte - Shadowpriest EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:30 pm

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name: Maciej
E-mail: mbiskup@gmail.com
Time Zone: Eastern

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Jätte
Class: Priest
Level: 80 (or no need to apply)
First Aid Level: 450
Profession 1: Tailoring
Skill Level: 450
Profession 2: Jewelcrafting
Skill Level: 450
Names of Alts Actively Played on: N/A

Planned Level 80 Talent Build
Name/Description: This is my shadow spec. With the 4 piece set bonus the five points spent in “Improved Mind Blast” are spent elsewhere. I chose to distribute them on “Improved Vampiric Embrace (IVE), Silence, and Psychic Horror.” IVE helps out with group heals, while the two CC help out in Lady Deathwhisperer Heroic.
Point Distribution: 13/0/58
Justification: DPS
GEAR
Link to your armory profile or CT Profile if you're not logged out in your PvE gear:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anub%27arak&cn=J%C3%A4tte

Glyphs(PVE Oriented):
Major Glyphs: Glyph of: Shadow, Mind Flay, Dispersion

Minor Glyphs:Glyph of: Shadowfiend, Shadow, Levitate

STATS

Prioritize the following stats RELEVANT TO YOU in order of MOST important to LEAST: spellpower, haste,

Which stats are you looking to improve on your gear? Spellpower, haste, crit.

RAIDING AVAILABILITY (Yes/No answers only)
(we raid 8:00pm - 12:00am server Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) DO NOT LIE. We expect full regular attendance from each raider, so if your school or work schedule will not allow this, Do Not Apply.

Mon: Yes
Tues: Yes
Wed: Yes
Thurs: Yes
Fri: Yes
Sat: Yes
Sun: Yes

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Do you mind respecing if needed? No, I don’t mind.
Rate your ability at playing your class's other spec(s) on a scale from 1-10:5 in Disc (just respec’d and trying to find my way through) but Holy 8.5/9
List your DPS/Tanking/Healing Rotation: MFx2 (to get Shadow weaving to 5 stacks), VT, DP, SW:P, spam MF while keeping DoTs up. If forced to move, spam DP, SW:P, and SW:D.

Link to a WWS parse for a RAID boss you feel you performed well on:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cqrrzjzcv09l7bed/details/9/?s=3741&e=3973

Link to a Screenshot of your UI: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/wowscrnshot092210093249.jpg/

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your playing style? (1=Casual, 10=Hardcore): 9

List any guilds you have been in or are currently in and reason(s) for leaving each:

Guild 1: Best in Show – Raid leader decided to pursue other opportunities in the game. Guild dissolved immediately afterwards.
Guild 2: Passively Aggressive (Alliance – Anub’arak) – Only one of two raiding guilds (at the time) on the alliance side. Hard time filling 25 mans. People did not take the game seriously.
Guild 3: Elementals (Alliance – Anub’arak) – Serious raiding guild that did 25m normal. Guild raid attendance steadily decreased.

Link to your WowProgress.com character profile: (http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/anub-arak/J%C3%A4tte)

BOSSES DOWNED (on any of your characters):

Pre-TBC (Please specify if you've only done these after WotLK, Yes/No will Suffice)
MC: No
BWL: NO
AQ40:Yes
Naxx: No

TBC(Pre-Patch 3.0)
Serpentshrine Cavern: (0/6)
The Eye: (0/4)
Black Temple: (0/9)
Mount Hyjal: (0/5)
ZA: (0/4 w/ 0 Chests)
Sunwell: (0/6)

WotLK (Specify 10 or 25 man)
Naxx:10/14
Obsidian Sanctum: 3/3(x/3 Dragons up)
Eye Of Eternity: 0/1
Ulduar: 3/14 (10) 2/14 (25)
Trial of the Crusader: 5/5 (10) 2/5 (25)
Trial of the Grand Crusader: 0/5 (10) 0/5 (25)
Icecrown Citadel: 11/12 (10) 12/12 (25)

RESEARCH:

Sites you use to research your class: shadowpriest.com, tankspot.com, elitistjerks.com
Sites you use to research boss fights: tankspot.com, warcraftmovies.com, youtube.com
On a scale of 1-10, how much do you theorycraft?: 5

Please tell us a bit about yourself, your play-style, why you like your class, why you like raiding, why Like Warm Mana Pie, and anything else you'd like to share with us: Hi, My name is Maciej and I play as a Troll Shadow Priest. I enjoy playing a shadow priest because it first glance it appears and under rated class but it is quite the opposite. If need be I can raid heal in my holy spec (currently trying out Disc). In real life, I am a chemical engineer for a biotech company in the greater Boston area. My play style reflects my professional work; I don’t like to waste other people’s time nor my own. I am serious when it comes to play WoW, I always show up on time and ready to go with feasts, potions, and flasks. I am always receptive on criticism. I would like to join LWMP because you are a serious raiding guild and reflect my ambitions.
Back to top Go down
jarebearcool
Guildies

PostSubject: Re: Jätte - Shadowpriest   Jätte - Shadowpriest EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:10 pm

o.o Another Chemical Engineer : p
Back to top Go down
Bandaidspec
Admin
Bandaidspec

PostSubject: Re: Jätte - Shadowpriest   Jätte - Shadowpriest EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Application looks decent. your numbers on the log look to be a bit low. goulet will be in touch with you.
Back to top Go down
https://lwmp.forumotion.net
goulet
Guildies
goulet

PostSubject: Re: Jätte - Shadowpriest   Jätte - Shadowpriest EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:50 am

Only questions I have are:

How come you're so far over hit cap? (by almost 100), is it because thats still the best you have been able to get or some other reason?

Why so many sp/spirit gems? you only need 2 to activate the meta and anything else blue socket wise it is more dps to go pure spellpower and sp/haste for any orange sockets.

And your talent build has imp psychic scream, silence and psychic horror? Sure they are useful to have but for a raid/dmg oriented shadow priest those are useless to maximize damage. At high gear levels its more relevant and safer to go into shadow affinity and inner focus to squeeze out as much as possible and keep threat to a minimum so you don't ever have to hold back. In some situations its necessary, I'm at full 55% reduction and still have to watch it every once in a while.

As far as rotation goes yours is a tad different but in the end shouldn't make that much of a difference as long as you're aware of casting MB if you're the only one to bring replenishment.

I also prefer Glyph of Mindsear which helps in various situations especially vile spirits on the LK fight as Dispersion glyph can be handy but technically is a dps loss if you're having to use it more often which shouldn't even be the case with shadowfiend and raid buffs.
Back to top Go down
jarebearcool
Guildies

PostSubject: Re: Jätte - Shadowpriest   Jätte - Shadowpriest EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:18 am

mmm Imp psychic scream , silence, psychic horror , sounds like a pvp spec to me : p
Back to top Go down
Jätte
Guildies

PostSubject: Re: Jätte - Shadowpriest   Jätte - Shadowpriest EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:28 pm

I am over hit cap because the gear I acquired to replace my older 232/245 gear has it. The new gear was simply better in stats with the only exception that it had too much hit. The two pieces that are putting me significantly over hit cap are "The Lady's Brittle Bracers" and "Loop of the Endless Labyrinth," which can be replaced by BiS "Bracers of Fiery Night" and "Ring of Rapid Ascent". Additionally, changing out the the enchant on boots for Tuskarr's Vitality instead of +12hit/+12crit.

The gemming with sp/spirit is a practice that I carried from my previous guild on Alliance. The suggestion was made to use RAWR, an optimization program for WoW characters, to achieve a higher rating. I can see the point and I understand it. I will change out the sp/spirit for the sp or sp/haste.

At the time we were working on 25HM Lady Deathwhisperer and we needed the CCs during that fight, and still did for each attempt. If there are enough CCs for that particular fight I can gladly respecing into the Shadow Affinity/Inner Focus. I too had to hold back on my dps in certain fights, particularly in some pugs.

The glyph was just a personal choice, but I can see the argument for Vile Spirits on LK and trash. Need be, I can chance it out no problem.

-Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jätte - Shadowpriest   Jätte - Shadowpriest Empty

Back to top Go down

Jätte - Shadowpriest
Page 1 of 1