LWMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like Warm Mana Pie Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Actual Warrior DPS info

Go down 
+3
Sinist
Fopp
Angrathar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angrathar
Guildies
Angrathar

Actual Warrior DPS info Empty
PostSubject: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:25 am

FURY

SPEC: 18/53/0 - Optimal Fury Build. If another warrior has Commanding Presence, you can take 3 pts from it to put into Imp Execute and Heroic Fury.

Fury Priority: Bloodthirst>Whirlwind>Slam. Heroic strike as much as possible.

Use Cleave instead of Heroic Strike when theres more than 1 mob.

Ideally, when cleave spamming, (aoeing) its a good idea to stop slamming, to keep from rage starving yourself.

I find I can almost Heroic Strike non-stop the whole fight, there may be once or twice I need to stop to get my rage back up, but don't miss more than one swing, or you'll rage cap yourself.

Unless you have an addon, Slam procs are hard to identify. If you play with game sound on, it sounds like someone firing a cannon, but if you have another fury warrior in the raid, that sound is unreliable. I just jump the whole time, and when BT and WW are on CD il just spam slam. If it hasn't proced, and your jumping, it will prevent the slam from starting to cast. If it has proced, and your jumping, it will instant slam. I usually jump the whole fight because fury is such a simple rotation that it gets boring.

So im basically just spamming space bar, and heroic strike most of the fight, waiting for BT and WW to come off cd. Slam procs are erratic and unpredictable, so whenever you have a free GCD hit slam, but don't let it start casting, or you will clip your swing timer and lose rage. One note on jumping the whole fight, when your moving, its best not to jump, cause you can accidentally jump through the boss and get cleaved, or jump the wrong way and out range the boss.

Or get a slam notifying addon. I prefer jumping.

Use Recklessness and Death Wish every cd. I usually start a fight with both of them up.

On your DPS meters you should see
1. Heroic Strike ~ 25%
2. Bloodthirst ~ 17-20% / Deepwounds if you had good RNG or you stack Crit.
3. Deepwounds
4. Melee
5. Whirlwind

On AoE bosses
1. Cleave
2. Whirlwind
3. Bloodthirst
4. Deepwounds
---------------------------------------------------

ARMS

SPEC: 55/8/8 - Arms Incite Build. You can take the points from Iron Will and max out Tactical Mastery and Imp Charge. I take Iron Will because it stacks with my Orc racial reduced stun duration.

Arms Priority: Execute>Overpower>Mortal Strike>Heroic Strike = Slam.

Always use Execute procs first, unless rend falls off, or mortal strike needs to be refreshed on a target that needs it (like P3 Anub)

NEVER LET OVERPOWER PROCS OVERRIDE
- Unless Execute is up, Overpower is the one you need to keep an eye on. It procs every other tick of rend, so its easy to predict. If your not expertise capped it is especially important to watch Overpower, as you will need to use it constantly to make up for dodged attacks.

Because of the nature of Taste for Blood and Overpower, rend is always #1 priority, unless MS is falling off a target that needs it.

Mortal Strike is important to our dps, but since its relatively low on the priority list, its ok to let it stay off CD for a GCD or 2 if you have Sudden Death or Taste for Blood procs. HOWEVER - Now listen, cause this is important - If your on a boss like Anub Phase 3 where having the 50% Mortal Strike debuff up is of monumental importance, ALWAYS REFRESH IT. You should be using it every CD anyways unless a TFB or SD proc.

Heroic Strike, I find, is almost more harm than good to an arms rotation, more often than not, you can use it over zealously, and rage starve yourself into a 4 second lul, which is very bad for your dps. It should be used CAREFULLY, if your MS is on cd, and you don't have an execute proc, AND your around 70+ rage, and are about to swing again and rage cap yourself, then its ok to use Heroic Strike. Once. Its hard to judge, often, I will be at 70+ rage and go "oh, ok I can HS" but right after I do that, my ms comes off CD and I get a SD proc. So I go from 70 rage to 10 Rage and I have other abilitys to use and no rage.

Slam. Is a filler, when you have nothing left. Rend is up. MS is on CD. You dont have SD or TFB procs. And your just waiting for MS to come off CD. Then u can fit about 1-2 slams in.

Pop Sweeping Strikes and Bladestorm at the same time, and keep Bladestorm on CD, its your highest dps attack even single target, even at >20% when im execute spamming I stop and bladestorm. Use your trinkets/ Blood Fury with Bladestorm.

The first few attacks generally look like this: Rend, MS, Slam, Overpower, MS/Execute

Use rend first to put up Blood Frenzy, and start the TFB sequence. Then Mortal strike, and generally at this point, your SD hasn't proced, so use Slam. then Immediately after, your first TFB will proc, so Overpower. Now, your TFB is on its 6 second internal CD and MS should be coming up, but maybe SD has proced, so you would want to Execute instead. Keep an eye on your rage the whole time, or you can rage starve yourself. Oh and don't forget fires, and Positioning, and anything else.

After that beginning rotation, the tanks generally have decent threat so I use trinkets/Blood fury/Sweeping Strikes and pop Bladestorm.

I find that Arms is generally a harder rotation to play, but if your have no one else providing the buffs its essential.

Because your highest priority proc, Sudden Death, is random, and Overpower, your 2nd highest priority attack, can proc separately from rend, your DPS meters will never look the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gems

Str in Blue and Red sockets until you get about 35-40% passive armor penetration from your gear.

When you hit about 40% ArP passive, Use ArP gems in Red and Blue sockets.

Always use 10str/10crit in yellow sockets, unless you need hit, then use 10str/10hit.

Doing this, you should automatically match socket bonuses with gear that only requires red and yellow sockets. If the socket bonus is not very good (agi/haste) and the only socket is yellow, its ok to use an ArP gem. IF YOUR FURY, DON'T. Fury does not get the extra 10% passive ArP from Battle Stance, so ArP will no longer make up for missing any socket bonuses with gear that doesn't have blue sockets.

Your meta should be Relentless Earthseige Diamond +3% Crit dmg, + 21 agi
its better than +3% Crit dmg, 20 Crit rating because Relentless Earthseige only requires 1 blue socket, where as the +3% Crit dmg, 20 Crit meta requires 2 blue gems.

The best way to match your meta's blue socket requirement is to use a Nightmare Tear +10 all stats, prismatic gem, because it has the best stat allocation compared to say 10 ArP/15 stam, and you can put it in any socket to match the bonus. Usually a piece of gear (Helm/Chest/Weapon) with a blue socket and the best bonus (usually 6 or 8 str) is the best choice.

If your have a ArP proc trinket - Grim Toll/ Mjolnir Runestone/ Needle-Encrusted Scorpion - Gem ArP till the softcap (Softcap= hardcap - trinket proc) then gem str in Blue/Red sockets.

ArP Hardcap = 1400 Armor Penetration Rating, 100% armor reduction.

So:
Grim Toll = 612 ArP Rating
Mjolnir Runestone = 665 ArP Rating
Needle-Encrusted Scorpion = 678 ArP Rating

Therefore, Gem ArP till
788 ArP Rating With Grim Toll
735 ArP Rating With Mjolnir Runestone
722 ArP Rating With Needle-Encrusted Scorpion

Then gem STR

P.S. Its generally advised against using 2 Arp Proc trinkets at once, If you can pick up a Darkmoon Card: Greatness 90 str trinket (Amazing, even till ICC) or a Deaths Choice to accompany one, use it.
(Mjolnir Runestone>Needle-Encrusted Scorpion>Grim Toll)

--------------------------------------------------------

Glyphs

Fury

Major -
1. Glyph Of Cleaving - Cleave is a major part of our aoe dps, making it hit one more target is very good.
2. Glyph Of Whirlwind - Second Priority ability, reducing its CD is very good.
3. Glyph Of Heroic Strike - We constantly spam Heroic Strike, and it crits a lot, we get a lot of rage from this. This glyph is what lets us spam it so much.

Minor -
1. Glyph Of Bloodrage - Warrior staple.
2. Glyph Of Command - If you get Commanding Presence, You might as well get this.
3. Glyph Of Battle - See Glyph Of Command.

Arms

Major -
1. Glyph Of Rending - Allows rend to tick more without reapplication, procing more TFB.
2. Glyph Of Mortal Strike - 10% Increased MS dmg. Why not?
3. Glyph Of Execution - highest priority damaging ability, does more dmg!

Minor-
1. Glyph Of Bloodrage - Warrior staple.
2. Glyph Of Battle - Nothing better to put here.
3. Glyph Of Enduring Victory - This is what I have. This is an open glyph, there's nothing great to put here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFER TO LANDSOULS SPREADSHEET FOR ALL GEAR ASSESSMENT.

If you have anymore questions GO HERE: Elitist Jerks
You should go there anyway.

Last edited by Angrathar on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:32 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fopp
Guildies
Fopp

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:46 pm

I approve of this post.
Back to top Go down
Angrathar
Guildies
Angrathar

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:09 pm

And thus, being anointed with the holy word of Fopp, let all warriors now flock to this post as a source of salvation.
Back to top Go down
Sinist
Guildies
Sinist

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:35 pm

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Fopp, Amen
Back to top Go down
Angrathar
Guildies
Angrathar

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:40 am

Added Color, Bold and Italics to streamline the look, added glyphs section, updated links.
Back to top Go down
Skinkerus
Guildies

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Great job Val, the gem section kinda looks like the Lucky Charms leprechaun crapped on it though. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nemure.tumblr.com
corejoe
Guildies
corejoe

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:18 am

I have to highlight the "Yellow" colors to see wtf you're saying... =(
Back to top Go down
Fopp
Guildies
Fopp

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 pm

I won't wear you
Four stat plate gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPW8nXAEIBk
Back to top Go down
corejoe
Guildies
corejoe

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:32 am

Quote :
Major -
1. Glyph Of Rending - Allows rend to tick more without reapplication, procing more TFB.
2. Glyph Of Mortal Strike - 10% Increased MS dmg. Why not?
3. Glyph Of Execution - highest priority damaging ability, does more dmg!

I would like to say one thing about Arms glyphs. Once you gear out really well (5.7kgs+), don't glyph execute, glyph Heroic Strike, as your crit rating will be much higher to proc rage replenishment on its use. I find it much more useful than extra execute damage, as it is a random proc. (My current raid buffed crit is 53% +15 incite spec = 68% crit chance on HS...DBW Iron Dwarf proc adds 16% crit, making that 84%)
Back to top Go down
Hellfrost
Guildies

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:59 pm

how much hit does a fury war need? (% please)
Back to top Go down
Dosojin
Guildies
Dosojin

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm

If you talent into precision then its 5%. If you don't then its 8%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actual Warrior DPS info   Actual Warrior DPS info Empty

Back to top Go down

Actual Warrior DPS info
Page 1 of 1