LWMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like Warm Mana Pie Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feral DPS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xmind
Guildies
Xmind

Feral DPS Empty
PostSubject: Feral DPS   Feral DPS EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 am

So I've been leveling a druid and have almost the best pre-ICC gear I can get a hold of, so starting to build a DPS set with all the spare triumph badges. Ran a couple of heroics and man it seems hard to constistantly pull good DPS. Although without any AoE abilities and targets dieing so quick in Heroics now, is it possible to match other classes in the same GS in DPS?

I'm pretty sure my biggest problem is I rely too much on mangle. I tend to open with Pounce, then shred if stealthed and multiple targets (just to stop the one mob from dpsing for a couple seconds), or I just ravage, then shred on boss or single target. After that I try to get mangle up, then a rake...throwing faire fire whenever up and Tiger's Fury before the Mangle. I should be at 4 or 5 combo points so I then use Savage Roar. Mangle/Claw/Rake for a few more points then apply Rip. Then try to keep the Rake going (have rake/rip glyph), rip when up and a few combo points and mangle in between to get Ferocious Bite to 5 combo points.

So managing a lot of cooldowns and I do have BigBadKitty, but haven't been utilizing it as much as I should. Are there some obvious things that I may be missing? Seems like I should be doing more DPS than I am.

I can definitely see Feral DPS being one of the hardest to learn, being a tree/moonkin/bear seems to much easier rotation/skills to worry about...
Back to top Go down
Xmind
Guildies
Xmind

Feral DPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS   Feral DPS EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:18 am

holy shit, noob fail! Didn't realize one of the ranks of Swipe was for cat form.....well that little piece of info will greatly help out with the daily heroic AoE DPS!
Back to top Go down
grayfoxrun
Guildies
grayfoxrun

Feral DPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS   Feral DPS EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 pm

u see there was a claw in that first post that means u are doing it wrong
Back to top Go down
Xmind
Guildies
Xmind

Feral DPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS   Feral DPS EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 am

So never use claw? It would make sense since it isn't a bleed, doesn't do a lot of damage and uses more focus than mangle...
Is ever a time to use claw or can I completely remove it from my bars?

edit: I also changed up my glyphs (not the abilities I thought they were), so now I have the Shred, Rip, and Savage Roar glyph now.
Back to top Go down
Xmind
Guildies
Xmind

Feral DPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS   Feral DPS EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:53 pm

okay, some more reading and testing and now I think I have much better picture of what to do other than mash buttons.

So from what I understand now, there are almost 4 priority systems each with a few priorities. Does below look right?

A. Priority for Dots (to keep up):
1. Mangle (although once a minute isn't too hard to do)
2. Rip
3. Rake

B. Priority for using combo points:
1. Rip
2. Savage Roar
3. Ferocious Bite

C. Priority for Cooldowns:
1. Tiger's Fury to start
2. Berserk after Savage Roar is active

D. Priority for others:
1. Shred
2. none (will this work to only do shred if all of the above are on CD?....am I sacrificing some DPS because of the combo points I could earn from lower focus attacks?)
Back to top Go down
Xmind
Guildies
Xmind

Feral DPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS   Feral DPS EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 pm

So even going through all that and thinking I have it, I installed Feral By Night and wow, my DPS went up ~20% using it's suggestions. Definitely learned a few things about the feral "rotation" with this addon. Badkitty also helps to watch those cooldowns/debuffs as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feral DPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral DPS   Feral DPS Empty

Back to top Go down

Feral DPS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LWMP :: Class Discussion :: Druids-
Jump to: